PALS is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. These include personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units, such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card for job or other requirements.
Sign-Up and Payment
To sign up and pay for this course, first create an account and login. Then, return to this page, and scroll to the bottom. You'll find the link to make payment. Once paid, you'll be automatically enrolled.
Content / Modules
- 1-rescuer child CPR and AED use
- and 2-rescuer infant CPR
- Management of respiratory emergencies
- Rhythm disturbances and electrical therapy
- Vascular access
- Resuscitation team concept
- Cardiac, respiratory and shock case discussions and simulations
- Systematic Approach to Pediatric Assessment
The PALS Course requires the following materials:
- PALS Provider Textbook
The course cost does NOT include the textbook, it only covers the tuition for the onsite portion of the course. Students will need to order the textbook and complete the online pre-test, PRIOR to attending the course.
The textbook may be purchased or rented from a variety of internet providers. The student is responsible to verify they have the correct edition. The following links are some potential sources for obtaining the textbook:
Features & Benefits
- Simulated pediatric emergencies teach and reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation and team dynamics.
- Emphasizes the importance of basic life support CPR to patient survival, the integration of effective basic life support with pediatric life support interventions, and the importance of effective team interaction and communication during resuscitation.
Length: 14.2 Hours
Continuing Education Accreditation - Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Board for Emergency Services (CECBEMS), for 14.50 Advanced CEHs, activity number 14-AMHA-F2-0239.
Tuition and Lab Fees
The tuition and lab fees are $150.
Textbook is not included in the tuition and lab fees.